IFSC Full Form :- Indian Financial System Code
MICR Full Form :- Magnetic Ink Character Recognition .
How Can you Find IFSC code of a bank with account number?
You can find the IFSC Code either in his/her passbook or on the cheque book . Before we see how we can find IFSC Code with account number, first we see the format of IFSC Code .
HDFC Bank IFSC Code for Mumbai :-
• The Four Digit HDFC assigned to the bank .
• Next is Zero which is common for all banks .
• The last six digit 002501 refer for HDFC Mumbai
• In general, the first four alphabetic characters represent the bank name and the last six characters representing the branch.
Now To know the IFSC Code by Account number you must know these things :-
1. Bank Name ( Registered Name )
2. This will be the bank from which your account is associated.
Suppose the account number for Axis bank is 926711111111111 so the first four character indicates the branch code. So the IFSC Code For Axis Bank is UTIB ( Unique characters which is assigned to the bank ), then 0 (zero ) which is common for all banks and then 009267 ( Branch Code ).
Axis Bank IFSC Code is UTIB0009267 .